The Ashleys

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day

Sweet sweet kisses my favorite Mother's Day (and every day gift).

On Friday Ethan came home with the gifts he had made me at school.
It says: "Happy Mother's Day. I love you with all my heart. You are so beautiful." 

When I asked him who was in the picture he said it was me and him and that was me on the right because I'm "so skinny." Haha such a little charmer, he's learned early his mama is vain! :)

This morning we got up and James gave me my gifts.

I am not a fan of flowers because they die. This is a silk flower that you push a button and the rose opens.
Inside the rose is a sweet love note. I LOVE it!
The sweet card that plays "Still the one."

And a practical gift. Let me just say I'm not one of those women who is against pans, appliances, and housewares for Mother's Day. I'd much rather get those than James try to buy me clothes and this is a grill on one side and a flat griddle on the other and I know I'll get a lot of use out of it!

We went to Cracker Barrel for brunch and it was amazing as always, but we all got a little impatient waiting for a table.



James had to get glasses recently, and I think he looks so hotttt in them. :)

Then after some relaxing at home I made dinner. We got steaks and James usually cooks for me on Mother's Day but it was pouring outside so I had to do the steaks inside.

My new pan made the steaks AMAZING! That was James' steak, mine was a tad bit smaller. :) I made a caesar salad and some roasted potatoes and it was great to have a good meal at home and not fight the Mother's Day crowd for a dinner out.

We watched Duck Dynasty for the first time tonight (and it is hysterical, I don't think we've ever laughed so hard) while sharing our dessert we got to go at Cracker Barrel. Have y'all had an apple dumplin'? It is fantastic.

Worth every.single.calorie. Til I have to step on the scale in the mornin'. :)

Hope all of you mamas had a great Mother's Day!



 



No comments:

Post a Comment